Digital Media Specialist at California School Boards Association
Under the general direction of the Director, Marketing, designs, coordinates and maintains CSBA’s digital marketing strategy as part of our communications department. Establishes and maintains social and digital media campaigns; monitors analyzes and related reports; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain content calendar to ensure timely release.
- Evaluates, defines, creates and implements a well-defined plan for CSBA’s digital strategy, including ways to improve multimedia communication.
- Build and maintain CSBA’s social media and online presence.
- Performs data analysis and reporting for meaningful metrics (KPIs, Analytics, SEO).
- Updates social media accounts with relevant articles, videos and blogs.
- Produces videos, graphics and other creative visuals for use on social media, web and print in support of CSBA.
- Establishes procedures for social media posts.
- Reviews and implements processes to facilitate news alerts.
- Creates, edits and updates HTML/CSS websites.
- Designs and formats websites with troubleshooting experience.
- Conducts online media research and general research for departments on key social media and web-related topics.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; keeps abreast of new trends and innovations in digital media; researches emerging products and improvements and their applicability to the needs of the Association.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to CAPE values, policies and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer with assigned special projects
- Performs other assigned duties
- Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity and/or other multimedia and graphics editing software.
- Social media monitoring tools similar to Hootsuite or Buffer and analytics reports.
- Principles of visual communication.
- Website design and content management systems.
- Social media management tools (Facebook Manager)
- Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads and LI Ads Manager
- HTML or CSS website design.
- Google workspace
- SEO techniques and best practices for ensuring content is keyword-friendly.
- Methods and practices applied to the design and implementation of print and electronic public affairs and news media communications materials.
- Recent and ongoing developments, current documentation and sources of information related to assigned tasks.
- Work-related modern office computer practices, methods, equipment and applications.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in dealings with government agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
- Use of English, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation.
- Maintain a consistent corporate voice in all communications and respond thoughtfully to inquiries or complaints arising from social media correspondence
- Ensure content tone is on-brand, targeted to a specific audience, and optimized for each marketing channel.
- Support design efforts in content strategies across all platforms including social media and websites.
- Build and maintain a successful corporate reputation management program.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Use modern office equipment, including computer hardware and specialized software application programs.
- Exercise tact, initiative, prudence and independent judgment within the framework of general policy, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in marketing, digital media or related field with at least three (3) years of experience in digital marketing and media content production
- Additional web design or video production experience preferred
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- The employee is personally responsible for compliance with health and safety guidelines, instructions and policies.
- Must be mobile to work in a standard office environment and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and on the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers to open and close them in the performance of tasks.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and use standard office equipment .
- Must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.