Digital Media Specialist/Manager – Axios Charlotte
Anna Stallmann Communications (ASC) is a director-led public relations and strategic communications firm focused on helping clients tell their stories and achieve their business goals. Our team is agile but growing rapidly. We leverage a network of highly experienced and accomplished communications professionals to respond to every client opportunity and provide the professional communications services they need. We keep overhead minimal and build custom teams for each engagement. Our clients span many industries across both B2B and B2C sectors, and specifically include those in healthcare, technology, real estate, cybersecurity and finance. The company is based in Charlotte, North Carolina, but works throughout North America.
This position can be filled as a Digital Media Specialist or Digital Media Manager, depending on experience. Experience in graphic design, social media management and/or website design and maintenance is a strong asset for this role. Preference for additional experience with Adobe, HubSpot, Canva, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Asana and/or WordPress products. Organizational skills, professionalism and attention to detail are essential. Remuneration is commensurate with experience. This position will be entirely remote, with a minimum of 30 hours/week. Full-time candidates (40 hours/week) preferred.
The Digital Media Specialist (or Manager) will support the deepening and scaling of ASC’s digital media efforts. This position is responsible for executing corporate and customer digital media priorities. He will work closely with other members of the ASC team to build and execute projects that include graphic design, website maintenance, social media management, and email campaigns and workflows. This position will also work closely with vendors on additional items needed to successfully execute projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership skills. We are looking for exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, as well as creativity. You must have the ability to prioritize and work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with our agile, yet growing team.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
• Design graphics, presentations and marketing materials for company and client projects
• Play an integral and creative role in rebranding campaigns
• Ensure consistency of brand standards in all ASC graphics
• Lead the creative design, strategy and maintenance of all social media accounts
• Management of social media accounts for clients and the company, focusing on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Management of advertising campaigns on social networks and editorial calendars; Use design platforms, such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite, to create engaging visual content for social media posts
• Monitor account performance and communicate key metrics regularly
Website design and maintenance
• Understand the basics of website design and maintenance, especially on the WordPress platform
• Ensure website maintenance efforts produce a copy of the website that is free of typos and errors
• Update blog posts with relevant and timely content, considering SEO best practices
• Keep an eye on digital accessibility standards to ensure that the work of the ASC and the client’s website meets the requirements
• Interfacing with website providers as needed
• 3+ years of work experience in marketing and/or digital communications
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media platforms
• Experience using WordPress, as well as Canva, Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design programs
• Demonstrates professionalism and good judgment
• Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Commitment to handling sensitive and confidential information with care and professionalism
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a fully remote member of the ASC team
• Demonstrates professionalism and good judgment
• HubSpot experience and/or certifications
• Knowledge of Asana or similar project management platforms
Why work for Anna Stallmann Communications (ASC)?
At ASC, we’re on a mission to be a clearinghouse for excellence in communications strategy and execution, meeting our clients where they are to see through their success. We do this by recruiting and retaining top talent to be part of our extended team, while fostering a culture where compassion, creativity and growth can flourish.
At ASC, we believe in:
• Embrace flexibility, take care of our needs and those of others
• Cultivate empathy, foster stronger bonds with each other
• Pursue excellence, ensure a high level of quality in everything we do
• Encourage creativity, amplify our collective voices to maximize impact
• Defend vulnerability, ensure the ability to coexist between work and life
• Recognize achievements, celebrate small milestones along the way to big goals
To achieve these goals, we offer fully remote work opportunities, a responsible PTO policy, flexible work hours, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a work environment that supports the personal and professional growth of each.
When you join the ASC team, you join an agile, yet flexible and supportive team environment that champions everyone’s success and well-being. We believe in taking good care of ourselves so that we can take good care of our customers.
Think we might be right for you? Apply today by submitting a CV and work samples (digital portfolios also accepted) to [email protected] We look forward to reviewing your application.