Linux Systems / Network Administrator jobs, Cape Town
|Remuneration:||Linked to the market|
Effectively support the server and network infrastructure of a real estate market leader looking for a strong Linux System / Network Administrator to join their team. You will need proven experience with at least five years of experience in a similar role having managed virtualization technologies such as VMware or Oracle VM, Fortinet firewalls and Cisco networking equipment. You will also preferably be CCNA or CCNP qualified and be able to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Maintain and troubleshoot LAN, WAN and Internet network infrastructure. This includes the firewall, router, and switching equipment.
- Configure and maintain system security.
- Make sure all systems are backed up and can be restored in the event of a disaster.
- Identification and resolution of problems.
- Configure and maintain network and data center monitoring, alerts and trend analysis.
- Participate as a member of the after-hours watch team.
- Perform after-hours and weekend maintenance as needed.
- Provide 3rd level user support.
- Install, configure and support Linux and Windows systems.
- A CCNA or CCNP qualification is preferred.
Experience / skills –
- Five years and more of experience in a similar position.
- Management of virtualization technologies such as VMware or Oracle VM.
- Setup and management of Cisco network equipment.
- Implementation and management of Fortinet firewalls.
- Management and troubleshooting of complex networks and proven experience.
- Performance optimization skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Manage time and workflow to meet service levels.
- Manage stressful situations effectively.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Respect for a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to work well in a team and / or individually.
- A hard worker.
- Desire to add value.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Service oriented.
- Takes initiatives and is motivated.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When you apply for jobs, make sure that you have the minimum requirements for the job. Only Citizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans on all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to target = “_ blank and mention the job reference numbers. We have a job listing at http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Skills / Personal attributes
Linux, Systems, Network, Administrator
Posted Jan 06 3:03 PM, closing Feb 5