Marketing project management tools to use
According to Marketing agency growth reportOne of the most important issues for agencies is finding the right project management system. Agencies face daily challenges due to their inability to effectively manage their time and projects. About 20% of them have never used project management software before.
And the consequences can be stressful: 43% of agencies do not have enough free time to focus on administrative tasks such as staffing, client onboarding, new business investments, etc. and talent management issues.
What is marketing project management?
Project management is the planning, execution and completion of specific tasks and goals for a campaign. It ensures that company projects are completed on time and with as few errors as possible. It is the application of a diverse set of skills, knowledge, tools and methods to achieve the goals and requirements of each project.
Accordingly, marketing project management is the overall administration and development of a marketing campaign.
What are the benefits of using marketing project management?
If you’re still wondering whether or not you need project management, read on to learn more about the benefits of project management.
Well-organized plans improve team collaboration
Create a timeline or categorized to-do list to describe who does what. For example, if you are hosting an event, you can list each step to the main event, who is responsible for each step, and how far you need to complete the steps in advance. Then add them to a project calendar for everyone to see. That way, you can avoid rushing to order last minute invitations and awkward situations.
Determining everyone’s role reduces confusion
If there isn’t a project manager to help the team cross the finish line, they’ll forget details or won’t know who to answer questions.
For example, suppose you are a project manager overseeing a publisher posting a new article series, a developer overseeing an account manager, and a content writer performing SEO keyword research services for clients. In this case, you are probably the one coordinating all the moving parts of your project.
You will take away the confusion about how you want your teammates to participate by describing everyone’s role in the project.
Well-defined goals improve team efficiency
You define your project’s objectives in advance using a project management tool. As a result, everyone working on the project is aligned with the goals and can optimize the steps needed to achieve them. For example, if your project involves the launch of a new product, you could set a goal of “Produce a 20% increase in upgrades.” This goal will influence your launch decisions as you go. It would also serve as an indicator of post-launch success.
Developing a communications strategy helps keep your team on track and focused
A communication strategy specifies when each tool should be used. At Asana, for example, they use email for external communication, Trello manages the cards in a batch list, and Monday.com offers reports and analysis. Even the ones you will compare Trello, Monday.com and Asana, you will find that all three are very useful.
When you don’t have a defined plan for which tool to use, switching between them can be confusing and overwhelming. A communication strategy reduces decision fatigue and ensures that all team members are on the same page.
Criteria to be taken into account for marketing project management
To effectively implement project management, you will need to do two things:
- In still project management skills in the team.
- Allow the sharing of project management responsibilities among team members.
If you decide to do “team” project management, be sure to use a user-friendly project management tool and process. This will ensure that team members can quickly acquire the necessary skills without the need for a rocket science degree.
The project management skills of a team can also be improved through training. Here are some key skill areas to focus on in professional development:
- Organizational capacities. While your project management platform needs to speed up or automate many tasks associated with project management, good organization is still required.
- Communication skills. People are the most crucial factor in project management, therefore leadership requires excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of project management practices. Understanding the various existing project management practices and methodologies enables a team to make informed decisions.
Best Marketing Project Management Tools
Ahrefs is a popular tool that provides SEO Keyword Research Services, and people use them to improve their Google rankings.
Here are some of the main features of Ahrefs:
- Rapid keyword research process
- Perhaps the most powerful web crawler
- Large backlink database
- Probably the most complete web crawler among SEO tools
- Ahrefs has a lot of unique metrics.
- Complete SERP analysis, including SERP features
- Daily keyword alerts sent to your email with the most recent and broad keywords
- The largest backlink database in our experience
- Restrictions and low limits on the $ 99 plan
- No integration with Search Console or Google Analytics
- The “domain health” tool is currently down
- No results were returned in some sections of the tool
- No awareness tool
Asana is a project management tool that businesses need to manage, collaborate, communicate, and organize their tasks and projects.
The main features of Asana are:
- Customizable dashboards.
- Activity feed.
- Personalized calendar.
- Assignment of subtasks.
- Focus mode and individual task lists.
- Integration of emails.
- Notifications and reminders.
- Free plan
- Customizable dashboards
- Unique views
- A communication portal
- Secure storage
- Segmentation and prioritization of projects
- Project history and authorizations
- Not very user friendly for new users.
- Asana only allows one person per task.
- Limited export and import functionality.
- No two-factor authentication.
- No time tracking function.
- Projects can get complex.
Asana can cost as little as $ 6.25 per user per month.
Trello is a great web-based project management and collaboration tool that lets you plan all of your projects in one place.
- Share files
- Comment on a map to keep workers up to date.
- Keep a record of your to-do lists.
- Configure colored labels according to priority.
- Process the cards in a list in batches.
- Insert new cards; the possibilities are limitless.
- The simpler pricing structure
- Understand when a deadline is approaching in real time.
- Trello is mobile friendly and uses the Kanban system.
- There will be no more crumbling.
- Post notes to your table to receive instant notifications.
- It is inaccessible when there is no access to the data.
- It is difficult to manage large projects.
- It lacks robust and agile features due to storage limitations.
- Long-term sharing plans cannot be created.
- Iterations cannot be revised.
It can range from $ 0 to $ 17.50.
Notion allows your design team to grow by establishing a cohesive process that ensures quality work while fostering a culture of transparency.
- Building roadmaps
- Customize views
- Track tasks
- Bundle and expand
- Authorized access
- Rich content
- The concept is user-friendly.
- Notion software offers users more than a note-taking application.
- Concept works on different devices.
- It takes time to fall into place.
- Navigation and search need to be improved.
- When using copy paste, text formatting does not work correctly.
It can range from $ 0 to $ 145
You can use ClickUp to create rich text documents for your marketing plans, reports, strategies, and other files.
- Task management.
- Recurring checklists
- Resolve comments
- Team collaboration.
- It’s simple to use and customize to suit our specific use case.
- This allows us to stay on track and monitor the progress of projects to meet deadlines.
- It manages all types of projects under one platform, eliminating the need to switch between applications.
- Unable to track at the project level. Clickup is very task oriented.
- Sometimes difficult to find things.
- Requires more flexible reports. Custom reports would be perfect
- Better resource management
It can range from Free to $ 19.
No matter what company or industry you work in, your team will benefit from implementing certain projects and the fundamentals of work management. Even minor changes in the management, planning and reporting of your work can make your team more efficient.
These tools are a work management tool that assists teams in organizing and carrying out tasks.