Newsletter AdTech & Digital Media – Social Networks
To print this article, all you need to do is be registered or log in to Mondaq.com.
Welcome to the first in a series of newsletters prepared by Arnold & Porter’s AdTech and Digital Media group. These newsletters will cover legal developments relevant to the ad technology and digital media industries, the status of mergers and acquisitions and investment activity in the industries, as well as updates regarding the business of Arnold & Wear in space.
In this problem:
- FTC explores rules targeting commercial surveillance and lax data security
- CFPB Warns Digital Marketing Providers They Are Potential Targets of ‘Digital Redlining’ Actions
- The FTC is focused on commercializing geolocation data that can be used to reveal sensitive consumer health information
- Meta Face a Class Action Lawsuit Over Use of Pixel Tracking for Health Data
- FTC Challenges Meta’s Acquisition of Virtual Reality App Fitness
Developments in Europe
- France, Italy and Spain say big tech should shoulder grid costs
- The UK is proposing an amendment to the Online Safety Bill giving Ofcom (the UK’s telecommunications regulator) greater authority to ensure tech companies tackle child pornography online. line
- French adtech company Criteo faces $65.4 million fine in connection with alleged GDPR non-compliance
Development of case law
- Advertiser’s Liability for Social Media Influencer Copyright Violations
Updates from Arnold and Porter
- Embracer Group Reaches Deal to Acquire Intellectual Property Rights to JRR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Literary Works
- Partner Jami Vibbert Quoted in Adweek article, “‘Bill Could Threaten Californians’: States Retaliate as the Federal Privacy Bill Advances”
- Partner Raqiyyah Pippins will moderate a panel at NAD 2022 to be held in Washington, DC on September 19-20
Please see Arnold & Porter’s AdTech and Digital Media web page for additional publications summarizing developments in advertising technologies and digital media.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: US Media, Telecom, Computers & Entertainment