PR Agency Account Manager Job, Johannesburg, North Riding
|Benefits:||Medical aid contribution/provident contribution|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Northern Constituency|
|Remote work:||Optional remote work allowed|
|Level of education:||Diploma|
|Own transportation required:||Yes|
A PR agency in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg needs a PR Account Manager to manage a combination of technology, HR and industry accounts. The candidate must have at least 3-5 years of PR agency experience and be able to ‘steer’ their accounts, ensuring they achieve their goals. Candidate must have a strong command of the English language, be able to write (opinion pieces and press releases), have an understanding of technology and “get by” when dealing with C-level executive clients . The candidate must have his own means of transport.
- Manage a portfolio of client PR accounts and achieve monthly activity targets per account.
- Provide strategic advice to clients to assist them in their broader PR and marketing campaigns.
- Build relationships with existing and new customers.
- Build relationships with key media contacts.
- Liaise with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions.
- Dealing with the media, talking to reporters and other members of the press.
- Provide innovative and creative ideas to customers.
- Inform customers and keep them informed of press campaigns.
- Analyze PR coverage and provide written reports.
- Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Develop angles on each account.
- Write at least two pieces of content per month. It can be a press release, Q&A, opinion piece, blog posts, social media posts, etc. to submit to the media.
- Chair public relations meetings with the Senior Account Manager.
- Ensure that reports and press clippings are prepared/updated.
- Coordinate appointments/meetings for all clients.
- Oversee the duties of the Public Relations Administration Assistant.
- Research radio and television programs for interviews with potential customers.
- Track feature opportunities.
- Get on-the-spot approvals on customer content.
- Send content to the press.
- Present and schedule media interviews.
- Brief client for media interviews.
- Compile and prepare annual PR reviews for clients.
- Develop social media posts for clients.
- Strong writing skills.
- A good command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have a flair for technology and a good understanding of general technology and business topics.
- Must be fully versed in MS Office (excel, word, PPT, charts, reports, etc.).
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to conceptualize “next steps”.
- High levels of communication – both presentation, verbal and written skills
- Well spoken and presentable.
- A passion for media, including social media.
- Sense of creativity, strategic thinking and innovation.
- Sound industry knowledge and experience building influential media networks.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects and portfolios.
- Service oriented and sensitive to confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Posted on March 17 15:48, Closing date May 16