Quint Digital Media reports 68% annual revenue growth
EBDITA growth of 850% over a full year.
Quint Digital Media, India’s leading multi-brand digital media and media technology group, being the only digital media and new era technology player listed on an Indian stock exchange, has released its standalone and consolidated results for the quarter and the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022.
During the quarter ended March 31, 2022, the Company completed the acquisition of identified interests in the digital media and media technology businesses of Quintillion Business, Quintype Technologies, Spunklane Media and YKA Media. The consolidated results for the year ended March 31, 2022 include the financial performance of said acquisitions.
• The Quint recorded the highest revenue ever for the full year (FY22) of INR 35.55 Crs; a growth of more than 68% compared to FY 21.
• For the full year (FY22), EBIDTA stood at INR 14.90 Crs; up 850% from FY 21.
• Operating revenue for Q4 FY22 (March 22) was INR 10.31 Crs (11% sequential growth) with an EBIDTA of INR 4.27 Crs (13% sequential growth).
• Earnings per share (EPS) goes from negative (INR 1.36) to positive INR 2.17.
B. Main elements of the consolidated financial performance
• QDML had acquired identified interests in the digital media and media technology businesses of Quintillion Business Media, Quintype Technologies India Private Limited, Spunklane Media Private Limited and YKA Media Private Limited on 19 January 2022.
• In accordance with the applicable accounting framework, QDML has consolidated the financial performance of the digital media and media technology businesses of Quintillion Business Media, Quintype Technologies India Private Limited, Spunklane Media Private Limited and YKA Media Private Limited.
• On a consolidated basis, QDML recorded total operating revenue of INR 55+Crs, witnessing a growth of 55+% over the previous year. In addition, losses on a consolidated basis recorded a reduction of more than 58% compared to the previous year.
C. Public Engagement Matrix Highlights for The Quint plus Other Group Properties:
Audience footprint across websites and digital platforms – including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. – continued its strong momentum during the quarter.
1. The QDML Board of Directors at its meeting on March 1, 2022 had approved a capital stock rights issue to raise up to INR 125 Crs in fresh capital. QDML is working on finalizing the draft offer letter for submission to the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
2. QDML entered into a franchise agreement for a period of 5 years and launched its overseas platform named “Quint World” on April 1, 2022.
3. QDML and its wholly owned subsidiary, viz. Quintillion Media Limited has entered into definitive agreements with AMG Media Networks Limited for the sale of a 49% stake in Quintillion Business Media Limited (entity hosting the economic and financial information platform, namely www.bqprime.com). Closing of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and approvals.
4. Quintype Technologies India Limited intends to enter into a master franchise agreement for the Middle East territory. The Arrangement is subject to the necessary approval of QDML shareholders.