We are hiring: Marketing Manager wanted!
The Africa Report is looking for an experienced marketer to grow its digital subscriptions business.
Jeune Afrique Media Group is the leading media group dedicated to Africa with flagship publications Jeune Afrique and The Africa Report.
It is also a major player in the organization of international economic conferences such as the Africa CEO Forum, the number one private sector event on the continent, which brings together 1,500 CEOs, heads of state and global investors.
The group has just defined its Ambition 2025 growth plan and aims to strengthen its leadership and accelerate its digital transformation. To support our ambitions and achieve our goals, we are looking for curious, agile and ambitious talents!
The Marketing Manager will be in charge of the marketing strategy for our international title, The Africa Report.
Your main tasks will be:
ACQUISITION AND ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
You will manage the site’s acquisition and engagement strategy, using relevant tools, with the aim of creating a sales funnel to grow digital subscriptions to The Africa Report.
- Define the acquisition strategy (web & app) of The Africa Report.com
- Manage site and app engagement operations
- Management of the acquisition budget and monitoring of the ROI of the activated levers (SEA, retargeting, affiliation, display, social ads, programmatic)
- Management of partner agencies and performance monitoring
- Management of acquisition campaigns Emailings and follow-up of the pressure plan
- Briefing and production of digital marketing materials in collaboration with the artistic studio and partner agencies
- Establishment of media and non-media partnerships (notoriety, audience, etc.)
- Definition with the editorial team and the product team of the developments and innovations necessary to achieve the acquisition and engagement objectives
- Reporting and performance analysis
You will also manage The Africa Report’s digital subscriber acquisition and retention strategy.
- Drive the strategy for converting the audience and engaged readers of JeuneAfrique.com and its applications into loyal digital subscribers
- Definition of the offer strategy: pricing, promotions, incentives, etc.
- Definition and management of the marketing plan – budget and conversion levers
- Definition and management of the loyalty marketing plan (onbaording, dunning…)
- Creation of premium marketing materials in line with the strategy
- Implementation of corrective actions to reduce churn
- Development of predictive acquisition and retention tools with the data team
- Implementation of the dynamic paywall acquisition and conversion strategy (Poool)
- Implementation of country strategies (dedicated pricing policy, means of payment, SEA, etc.)
- Participate in the editorial strategy with the editorial team
- Optimize the conversion rate thanks to AB tests (paywall, purchase path)
- Participate in the product development strategy related to the subscription
- Analysis of marketing actions and the evolution of the subscriber portfolio using dedicated tools. (Google Analytics, Datastudio, Chargebee subscription management tool, etc.)
- Global reporting of activity to the director (Sales, Stock, Churn, LTV, etc.)
You have at least 5 years of experience as a Digital Marketing Manager or Subscription Marketing Manager for a media, telecom or streaming company. You have a strong interest in current events. A good knowledge of the African market would be appreciated.
Job type: Full time
Main location: Paris
Please send a CV and cover letter to:
Understanding the Africa of tomorrow… today
We believe that Africa is misrepresented, and vastly underestimated. Beyond the vast opportunities that are manifesting in African markets, we highlight the people who make the difference; game-changing leaders, young people driving change and a tireless business community. It’s what we believe will change the continent, and it’s what we report. With hard-hitting surveys, innovative analysis and deep dives into countries and sectors, The Africa Report delivers the insights you need.
View subscription options